Launch 2011 (formerly Pre-Term)
Read a special welcome from the Stern Launch Team
Your presence for the entire schedule of Launch 2011 is required, and failure to attend Launch 2011 may jeopardize your place in the class.
- Launch 2011 will be held from Monday, August 22 through Thursday, September 1.
- International students are required to attend a special one-day orientation on Friday, August 19.
- The registration form for Launch 2011 is available. If you have not completed this form already, please do so as soon as possible.
On Monday, August 22, events will take place from approximately 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. On Tuesday, August 23, events will take place from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. On Wednesday, August 24, events will take place from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please note that the dress code on these three days of Launch is business casual.
On the remaining weekdays, events will take place from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Students should also leave Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28 available for some additional required programs. Several optional activities will occur during the evenings and weekend. You will receive a full schedule of activities upon arrival for Launch 2011.
If you are moving to New York and plan on living off-campus, please arrive in New York at least a week in advance in order to sign your lease, set up cable/internet, complete your move and get acquainted with your new neighborhood. You will not have time during Launch 2011 to do this.
A few highlights from past orientation programs include:
- Industry Panels
- Club Expo
- Team Dynamics and Case Analysis sessions
- Alumni Networking Reception
- New York Mets game
- U.S. Open Tennis
- Broadway Show
- NYC Evening Harbor Cruise
- Spouse/Partner Wine and Cheese Reception