1. How do I change my expected graduation date?
1. Log into Stern Web Information System (AIS) with your NetID and password.
2. Select 'Update Bio Information' (in the Personal Information Section).
3. Select 'Student Info'. Please keep in mind that expected graduation dates are frozen during lottery submission periods in the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters.
2. How many credits do I need to register for each semester?
You must register for a class (1.5 or 3.0 credits) in each Fall and Spring semester to be considered an active student. If you do not, you must apply for a Leave of Absence.
3. What do I do if I need to take time off from my MBA?
You have six years to complete your MBA program. If you are not enrolled in any courses for the Fall or Spring semester, you must take a Leave of Absence to maintain matriculation. Please note that they Winter Intensive is part of the Spring Semester. If you take courses during the Winter Intensive period, you do not need to take a Leave of Absence for the Spring Semester.
b. Courses taken at Other NYU Divisions: When you enroll in a course at another NYU division, the course will appear under the "Courses not credited towards MBA" section of your My Program Progress page. Once MBA Academic Affairs receives confirmation that you received a passing grade in the course, it will be moved into the electives section of your My Program Progress page.
4. Can I register for courses outside of my Offering Status (Weekend, Weeknight, or Westchester)?
You may only lottery for courses within your Offering Status. However, you may register for courses outside of your Offering Status during the add/drop period. For example, a Weekend student may only lottery for Weekend courses, but may add a Weeknight course during the add/drop period, if there is space available. Keep in mind that you will only receive registration priority for classes within your own Offering Status.
5. If I Establish Proficiency in a Stern Core Course, does this satisfy pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements for elective courses?
Yes. If you Establish Proficiency in a Stern Core Course, this satisfies the pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements for elective courses. For example, if you Establish Proficiency in Marketing, you have fulfilled the Marketing co-requisite for Digital Marketing.
6. When can I take my Free Course?
You can take up to three free credits in the same semester that you complete your 60th credit of the program. This may be in the form of one 3 credit course or two 1.5 credit courses. You are not able to take your free credit once you have graduated.
7. How many credits can I take towards my degree outside of Stern?
You are allowed to take up to 15 credits outside of Stern, at other NYU divisions, or through the Study Abroad program.
8. Can I do an Independent Study?
An Independent Study is arranged directly between the student and the sponsoring faculty member. Further details and guidelines are available under Policies & Procedures.
9. Why is one of my courses falling under "Courses not credited towards MBA" on my My Program Progress page?
Your course may fall under "Courses not credited towards MBA" for the following reasons:
a. Free Course: if you have registered for a Free Course it will appear under the "Courses not credited towards MBA" section of your My Program Progress page. Once you have reached 60 credits, the system will automatically bump any additional credits to this section of your My Program Progress page. You will still receive credit for this course and the grade will still factor into your GPA.
Copyright © Leonard N. Stern School of Business