Policy for Graders
- Graders are paid at the rate of $24 per student. This rate assumes a grader will grade the equivalent of three major assignments for each student enrolled in the course (e.g., a mid-term examination, a final examination, a major paper, or several lesser assignments).
- Graders are eligible to grade a maximum of three sections per semester (the equivalent of 1.5 positions, 15 hours a week).
Policy for Tutors
- Tutors are paid at an hourly rate of $24 for a maximum of 10 hours per week.
- Tutors provide remedial help to students in statistics, computer skills, or in other technical areas.
- A student can be a TF/GF and a Grader or a Tutor at the same time, but not for the same class.
- Minimum course enrollment to qualify for a Grader is 25 students.
- For complete information please consult the FAQ page.
COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS 1-5 BEFORE STARTING WORK
PLEASE NOTE: All graders and tutors are paid through HR payroll and all payments are subject to income tax
- Review minimum requirements listed under "MBA Students". If you meet these requirements you may proceed to step 2.
- Interview with professor and/ or administrator and agree on the Grader or Tutor position.
- Complete the Grading & Tutoring contract with the department administrator. Student and the department administrator must sign before proceeding.
- Drop off the contract with Richard Upchurch in KMC Room 7-100. Once it has been approved, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, and the contract will be forwarded to Human Resources.
- Register with Stern Human Resources. If you have not previously registered with Human Resources (HR) you will need to show proof of identity and eligibility to work . See page 3 for a list of documents you may use. Additionally, all new hires must complete a new hire form, an I-9 form, and an IRS W-4 form. International students will also need to provide a letter of permission to work, which may be obtained from the NYU Office of International Students and Scholars.
- Begin work only after you have completed instructions 1-5.
First payment can be expected in approximately 4-5 weeks after this contract is fully executed.
Payments should be picked up in Tisch 626 unless you sign up for direct deposit. Payroll payments are made
every two weeks through the end date of the course or semester.
For questions, please contact Pauline Braz in HR at 212-998-0119.
GRADING & TUTORING CONTRACT
Please click here to download contract.