COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS 1-5 BEFORE STARTING WORK
1. Review minimum requirements.
| ||MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS|
|You must have:||• Enrolled and remain enrolled in the semester in which you intend to work|
• Completed at least 9 credits at Stern as MBA student
• GPA of at least 3.0
• Taken the course or its equivalent
If you meet these requirements you may proceed to step 2.
2. Interview with professor and/ or administrator and agree on the Grader or Tutor position.
3. Complete the Grading & Tutoring contract with the department administrator. Student and the department
administrator must sign before proceeding.
4. Drop off the contract with Richard Upchurch in KMC Room 7-100. Once it has been approved, you will receive a
confirmation e-mail, and the contract will be forwarded to Human Resources.
5. Register with Stern Human Resources. If you have not previously registered with Human Resources (HR) you
will need to show proof of identity and eligibility to work . See page 3 for a list of documents you may use.
Additionally, all new hires must complete a new hire form, an I-9 form, and an IRS W-4 form. International
students will also need to provide a letter of permission to work, which may be obtained from the NYU Office
of International Students and Scholars.
6. Begin work only after you have completed instructions 1-5. PLEASE NOTE: All graders and tutors are paid through HR payroll and all payments are subject to income tax
First payment can be expected in approximately 4-5 weeks after this contract is fully executed.
Payments should be picked up in Tisch 626 unless you sign up for direct deposit. Payroll payments are made
every two weeks through the end date of the course or semester.
For questions, please contact Pauline Braz in HR at 212-998-0119.
GRADING & TUTORING CONTRACT
Please click here to download contract.