Instructions to Students
1. Review minimum requirements listed under "MBA Students".
If you meet these requirements you may proceed.
2. Interview with professor and/ or administrator and agree on Teaching or Graduate Fellowship position.
3. Complete Teaching & Graduate Fellowship contract with the department administrator. Student and department administrator must sign before proceeding.
4. Drop off the contract with Richard Upchurch in KMC Room 7-100
. Once it has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email, and the contract will be forwarded to Human Resources.
5. Register with Stern Human Resources. If you have not previously registered with Human Resources (HR) you will need to show proof of identity and eligibility to work. Click here
for a list of documents you may use. Additionally, all new hires must complete a new hire form, an 1-9 form, and an IRS W-4 form. International students will also need to provide a letter of permission to work, which may be obtained from the NYU Office of International Students and Scholars.
6. Begin work only after you have completed instructions 1-5.
* This rule does not apply to Summer Sessions I,II, or III. Please see section about Summer Sessions under the MBA Student tab for more details.
Notes on completing the Teaching/Graduate Fellowship Contract:
For Teaching Fellowships: position size and compensation are affected by course ENROLLMENT, course WEIGHT (full or half course), and course CREDIT load. It is your responsibility to make sure you understand how these factors will impact your position. Please consult with the Department Coordinator BEFORE marking a position size; he/she will be able to tell you how these three factors impact your specific position. Please note: There is a 2-position limit during the fall & spring semesters and a 1-position limit during the Winter and Summer sessions.
Please note the following and be aware that by proceeding to the TF/GF contract below, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this appointment.
- Eligibility: Review minimum requirements listed under "MBA Students". All appointments are for one semester only; therefore you must reapply for a fellowship each term you intend to work.
- This fellowship is a Financial Aid award. Please note: Loan eligibility may be affected when you secure a TF/GF position. As these funds are considered tuition remission, Financial Aid will simply reduce the amount of loans you will need to repay. Please refer all questions to the Stern Financial Aid Office at (212) 998-0790.
- Teaching Fellows and Graduate Fellows are entitled to a 15% discount at all NYU Book Centers with exception to NYU Computer Store.
TEACHING & GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP CONTRACT
Please click here to download contract.