|You must be:|
|You must have:|
Note: Departments and professors may have their own additional criteria.
* Please see a department administrator for more details.
|0.5 (half position)|
|5 Hours per week per term||half credit course (2 or 1.5) $625|
full credit course (3 or 4) $1250
6 credit course $1875
|1.0 (full position)|
|10 Hours per week per term||half credit course(2 or 1.5) $1250|
full credit course (3 or 4) $2500
6 credit course $3125
- Graders are paid $16 per enrolled student
- They are expected to grade the equivalent of three major assignments for each student or a greater number of lesser assignments. If less work is involved, the rate should be adjusted downward.
- For the purpose of calculating work limits for students, the Dean's Office considers Graders as working 5 hours per week per course.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Graders can be hired for courses in which no Teaching Fellow or Tutor is assigned.
- Minimum course enrollment to qualify for a Grader is 25 students.
- Tutors are paid at an hourly rate of $16 for a maximum of 10 hours per week.
- Tutors provide primarily remedial help to students in statistics, computer skills, or in other technical areas.
IF PAID THROUGH TUITION REMISSION
Tuition Remission is the default method of payment for all Stern MBA students. All non-Stern and PhD students are paid through payroll. NYU Financial Aid Office will reduce the loan balance or the bursar will issue a refund check. This form of payment will not be taxed and will be reflected in your bursar bill 10 days after this contract has been fully executed. If tuition remission exceeds the amount of credit for that semester, the remaining balance will be processed as a payroll check in HR and subject to income tax withholding.
IF PAID THROUGH PAYROLL
All payments other than tuition remission (payroll, STARS or additional payments) will have income tax withheld. First payment can be expected approximately 4-5 weeks after this contract is fully executed. Payments must be picked up in Tisch 626 unless you sign up for direct deposit. Payroll payments are made every two weeks through the end date of the course or semester. For questions, please contact Pauline Braz in HR at (212)998-0119.
Loan eligibility may be affected when you secure a Teaching or Graduate Fellowship position. Questions? Call Financial Aid at (212)998-0790.
Limit on Number of Positions and Hours
A student can have the equivalent of more than one whole position at the same time. However, there is a strict limit of 2.0 positions (or 20 hours per week) per semester during the academic year.
- A student cannot:
- make independent arrangements for additional compensation to tutor students in the class to which they are assigned as a TF.
- be a TF and a Grader or a TF and a Tutor or a Grader and a Tutor for the same class at the same time.
- be a TF for a course in which she or he is also enrolled as a student.
- get course credit for a class in which she or he is the TF.
- NYU employees are not allowed to be TFs, Graders, or Tutors.
- International students cannot work more than 20 hours per week, particularly if signing up for more than one course and/or in combination with any other on-campus position.
- An H-1B visa holder cannot work for anyone other than the organization sponsoring his/her visa.
- For more information, please click here or contact the Office of International Students and Scholars for more information at (212) 998-4720.