What to Do Now
When you arrive on campus, the job search process starts almost immediately. You’ll want to be well positioned to take advantage of the many opportunities in the fall.
Here are some key steps to take now and throughout the summer.
Assess your skills and valuesIt is important for you to begin identifying your existing skill set and determine the skills you want to develop and use going forward in your career. It is also key to consider your values -- what work activities satisfy your personal and professional needs and what motivates you.
Research your target functions and industriesResearch and explore your career options and related tasks to confirm your interest. Gain a working knowledge of current market trends, so that you have productive conversations and stand out early in the process.
- Check out our Resources Per Area of Interest web page
- Take advantage of complimentary access to career/industry guides:
- Read major business publications, such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times & Bloomberg Businessweek
Adapt your résumé to the Stern format
- Create your résumé using the Stern résumé template
- Leverage the Stern résumé writing guide for useful tips