To-Do Before the First Day of ClassTake a few moments to review and complete the tasks below, for an easy, seamless entry to Stern.
Required To-do List:
- Submit your enrollment deposit to the Stern Bursar and complete the verification process by the date indicated in your Admissions letter.
- Mark your calendar for Langone Lab: Spring 2016 Orientation. This is a mandatory program for all newly admitted Spring 2016 Langone students, held all day on January 23 & 24, 2016. For Westchester Brown Core, there will be an additional mandatory orientation in Westchester on Monday, February 8, 2016 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Details of both programs will be forthcoming. In the meantime, please contact MBA Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Activate your NetID, which will become available one week after receipt of your Admissions deposit.
- Review the IT Checklist and activate your Stern email account as soon as possible. All Financial Aid information and other important communications will be sent directly to your Stern email address. Contact the IT Help Desk with any questions or activation issues.
- Register for Spring 2016 courses beginning on October 22, 2015.
- Complete the verification process to enroll at NYU Stern. You will be provided information about the process from MBA Admissions via email soon.
- Complete the Plagiarism Tutorial and Exam before the first day of classes.
- Take the Math Skills Self-Assessment to determine if you should enroll in a Math Skills Workshop. You may register for the Math Workshop on the Spring registration form.
- Learn if you can establish proficiency in a Core Course by demonstrating academic proficiency or passing a proficiency exam.
- Once registration is complete, send your biographical information to the Office of Student Engagement. This form will be available in late Fall.
- Complete and submit the required Immunizations and Health History Forms. These forms will be emailed to you by the NYU Student Health Center. These forms should be sent directly to the NYU Student Health Center as soon as possible and before Langone LAB. Students who have not completed these forms will not be permitted to attend classes.
- Langone Students are not required to show proof of health insurance. However, if you wish to participate in the NYU Student Health Insurance, you may enroll online.
- In an effort to maintain a safe and aware campus community, all NYU students must complete the online training program on sexual misconduct called “Think About It”. You are required to complete this module before the first day of the Spring 2016 semester. To start the module, please review the instructions here.
- Obtain your NYU ID card. Weeknight students must obtain their ID card prior to Langone Lab. Weekend and Westchester students will have the opportunity to obtain their ID card during Langone Lab.
- File a FAFSA online if interested in borrowing federal student loans. Processing will take at least 4-5 weeks so please submit in a timely fashion. For those who file a FAFSA, loan instructions will be sent electronically beginning one month prior to the registration and payment deadline. Your registration and payment deadline is stated in your acceptance letter from MBA Admissions.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit if you wish to have your living expense refund deposited directly into your personal bank account.