To-Do Before the First Day of ClassTake a few moments to review and complete the tasks below, for an easy, seamless entry to Stern.
Required To-do List:
- Pay and submit your enrollment deposit to Stern Admissions and complete the verification process. (Please note that NYU Stern's School ID in the Kroll system is 79512).
- Mark your calendar for Langone Lab: Fall 2014 Orientation. This is a mandatory program for all newly admitted Fall 2014 Langone students, held September 13-14, 2014. For Westchester Brown Core, there will be an additional mandatory orientation on Wednesday, September 17, in Westchester. Details of both programs will be forthcoming. In the meantime, you may contact the Office of Student Engagement.
- Activate your NetID, which will become available one week after receipt of your Admissions deposit.
- Review the IT Checklist and activate your Stern email account. All Financial Aid information and other important communications will be sent directly to your Stern email address. Contact the IT Help Desk with any questions or activation issues.
- Register for Fall 2014 classes beginning on July 9.
- Complete the Plagiarism Tutorial and Exam before the first day of classes.
- Take the Math Skills Self-Assessment to determine if you should enroll in a Math Skills Workshop. You may register for the Math Workshop on the Fall registration form.
- Learn if you can establish proficiency in a Core Course by demonstrating academic proficiency or passing a proficiency exam.
- Once registration is complete, send your biographical information to the Office of Student Engagement. This form will be available in August.
- Complete and submit the required Immunizations and Health History Forms. These forms are provided in your admissions pack or will be mailed to you at a later date. They are also available on the NYU Health Center website. These forms should be sent directly to the NYU Student Health Center no later than August 1, 2014. Students who have not completed these forms will not be permitted to attend classes.
- Langone Students are not required to show proof of health insurance. However, if you wish to participate in the NYU Student Health Insurance, you may enroll online.
- Obtain your NYU ID card. Weeknight students must obtain their ID card prior to Langone Lab. Weekend and Westchester students will have the opportunity to obtain their ID card during Langone Lab.
- Submit a FAFSA online, if needed, for Financial Aid. Processing will take at least 6-8 weeks. Award letters will be sent out just before the start of classes.
- Sign up to receive refunds via Direct Deposit.