Consumer Decision Making and Choice
Faculty have examined a variety of issues such as:
- What are the biases resulting from decision making under uncertainty?
- What is the effect of emotions on consumer judgments?
- What are the effects of anticipated regrets on consumer choice?
- What is the interaction between need states, consumption contexts, and product choice?
- What are the effects of negative affective states on consumer judgments and choice?
- What are the psychological underpinnings of consumer decision making and choice?
- What are consumers’ desires for large assortments and their effects on consumer satisfaction?
- How can econometric models be built based on determinants of consumer decision making?