Marketing Communications Assistant
Category: Work Study
Available: Fall 2012 & Spring 2013
(You do not need to be available all semesters but preference will be given to the candidate who is.)
The Berkley Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is seeking a student with excellent writing skills, strong knowledge of social media marketing tools and a good eye for layout and graphic design to assist with developing print materials and online content. The marketing communications assistant (MCA) would work closely with the directors to ensure a professional, cohesive and impactful visual image for the Center. In addition, the MCA would be assigned special projects associated with managing relationships with key stakeholders, i.e., students, alumni, volunteers, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Handle updates to the Center’s website and enhance our online presence e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Layout and design marketing material such as flyers, posters, event programs, training materials, slide presentations, etc.
- Prepare email newsletters, invites, notices, etc.
- Manage email lists.
- Assist with collecting and analyzing marketing data from surveys conducted by the Center.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of web design, page layout and image editing software required.
- Strong knowledge of how to leverage social media sites & tools
- Compulsive attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle several projects at once.
- Creativity and a quirky sense of humor a huge plus.
- Extremely reliable.
- A passion for entrepreneurship a must!
10-15 hours /week
This is a work study position. Compensation is $12.00/hour. Please be sure to check work study eligibility requirements before applying.
Interested candidates should:
- Write a brief essay (maximum of 452 words) entitled: “Look No Further: Why I’m the Perfect Person for This Position”.
- Include writing and/or design samples, if you have.
- Email materials to Cynthia Franklin at Cynthia.email@example.com. No calls please.