Full-time MBA Fall Start
In order to complete the Full-time MBA degree, you must satisfy the following degree requirements:
- Complete 60 total credits
- Complete Team Communication during your first semester.
- Complete or establish proficiency in Statistics and Data Analysis and Financial Accounting and Reporting during your first semester.
- Complete or establish proficiency in at least 5 of the 7 Menu Core courses during your first year.
- Complete the capstone core course, Professional Responsibility or Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation, during your second year.
You must complete or establish proficiency in the Required Core courses during your first semester.
Core Requirements for Full-time Fall Start Students
|Required Core:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting - with your block||Yes||No|
|Statistics and Data Analysis - with your block||Yes||No|
You must complete or establish proficiency in at least 5 of the 7 Menu Core courses during your first year.
|Menu Core; Choose at least 5 of 7:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Strategy - with your block||Yes||No|
|Firms and Markets - with your block||Yes||No|
|Foundations of Finance||Yes||Yes|
|The Global Economy||No||Yes|
|Leadership in Organizations||No||Yes|
You must complete the Capstone Core during your second year.
|Capstone Core:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Professional Responsibility OR||Yes||Yes|
|Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation||No||Yes|
- Some courses are only offered in Fall or Spring, as noted above.
- Your entering class is divided into six Blocks, with whom you will participate in a variety of community activities and take Statistics and Data Analysis, Financial Accounting and Reporting, and some Menu Core courses, as noted above.
- In the second year of your program you may enroll in any additional Menu Core course(s) that you did not take in your first year, on a space available basis, with students in the Langone Part-time MBA Program.
- Most electives have Core courses as pre- or co-requisites. If you wish to take an elective for which a certain Core course is a pre- or co-requisite, you will need to complete or establish proficiency in that Core course.
Team CommunicationYou must complete Team Communication during your first semester. Course dates will be available during student registration.
Your First Year: Meeting your Core Requirements
6 Credits: Required Core
1st semester - 15 Credits
You must take or establish proficiency in the two required core courses:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (3 credits)
- Statistics and Data Analysis (3 credits)
- Select your remaining three courses from the menu of Core offerings.
- On a space-available basis, you may choose to take one elective course during your first semester in place of one Menu Core course. Please review the First-semester Elective policy for more information.
2nd Semester - 15 credits
- Take your remaining Menu Core courses (for a total of at least five).
- Register for electives with available credits.
Your Second Year: Electives & Specializations
3rd and 4th Semesters - 15 Credits each
- Complete the Capstone Core Requirement - Professional Responsibility (1.5 Credits) or Ethical and Legal Challenges of the Modern Corporation (3 Credits)
- Fill open schedule with electives