Full-time MBA Summer Start
- Complete 60 total credits
- Complete the following three courses during the first Summer:
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Collaboration, Conflict and Negotiation
- Management Communications
- Complete or establish proficiency in Financial Accounting and Reporting during your first semester.
- Complete or establish proficiency in at least 5 of the 7 Menu Core courses during your first year.
- Complete Professional Responsibility, the capstone core course, during your second year.
Core Requirements for Full-time Summer Start Students
|Required Stern Summer Courses:|
|Statistics and Data Analysis|
|Collaboration, Conflict, and Negotiation|
You must complete or establish proficiency in the Required Core course during your first semester.
|Required Core:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting - with your block||Yes||No|
You must complete or establish proficiency in at least 5 of the 7 Menu Core courses during your first year.
|Menu Core; Choose at least 5 of 7:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
|Strategy - with your block||Yes||No|
|Firms and Markets - with your block||Yes||No|
|Foundations of Finance||Yes||Yes|
|The Global Economy||No||Yes|
|Leadership in Organizations||No||Yes|
You must complete the Capstone Core during your second year.
|Capstone Core:||Offered in Fall?||Offered in Spring?|
- Some courses are only offered in Fall or Spring, as noted above.
- Your entering class is divided into six Blocks, with whom you will participate in a variety of community activities and take Financial Accounting and Reporting, and some Menu Core courses, as noted above.
- In the second year of your program you may enroll in any additional Menu Core course(s) that you did not take in your first year, on a space available basis, with students in the Langone Part-time MBA Program.
- Most electives have Core courses as pre- or co-requisites. If you wish to take an elective for which a certain Core course is a pre- or co-requisite, you will need to complete or establish proficiency in that Core course.
Your First Year: Meeting your Core Requirements
Register for your required courses:
Summer semester - 6 credits
- Statistics and Data Analysis (3 credits)
- Collaboration, Conflict and Negotiation (1.5 credits)
- Management Communication (1.5 credits)
1st semester - 12 credits3 Credits: Required Core
You must take or establish proficiency in:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (3 credits)
- Select your remaining three courses from the menu of core offerings.
- In place of one menu core course, you may choose to take one elective course in your first semester, on a space available basis. Please review the First Year Elective policy for more information.
- Note: Foundations of Finance requires knowledge of basic economic and statistical concepts before registration.
2nd semester - 15 credits
- Take your remaining Menu Core courses (for a total of at least five).
- Register for electives with your remaining credits.
Your Second Year: Electives and Specializations
3rd and 4th Semesters - 15 Credits each*
*Summer Start students have the option of taking 12 credits in either their third or fourth semester.