Alumni Council MembershipThe Alumni Council is one of NYU Stern’s main alumni governing bodies. The members of the Council represent a wide range of graduation years, degree programs, industries, job functions, and geographies. To view the current Alumni Council roster, visit the membership list.
To secure a seat on the Council, members must have a proven track record of leadership with the School, and receive recommendation from current members or the administration. Appointed to a three-year term, Council members serve in a variety of capacities to help provide direction on alumni programming and advise the School's administration on initiatives and activities.
- Hold either a formal role on the Council (Vice Chair, Secretary or Chair), serve as a Chair, Vice Chair or Secretary on one of the Committees, or serve as a Regional Leader or At-Large Member serving on a committee.
- Financially support the Stern School of Business and the Stern Fund by becoming a member of the Haskins Giving Society.
- Attend at least 2 Signature or Regional Events in an academic year.
- Serve actively on a Alumni Council committee, programming sub-committee or regional group.
- Miss no more than 2 meetings in any given year (in-person or phone).
- Miss no more than 2 consecutive meetings.
- Miss no more than 4 meetings in a three-year membership term.
- Members can resign at any time for personal reasons.
- Exceptions can be made by the Dean’s Office and the Office of Alumni Relations & Development.