NYU Stern
Share / Print

Full-time Graduate Student: Continuing Student Spring 2014

Financial Aid

How to Use Your Financial Aid to Pay Your Tuition

You must complete the mandatory Tuition & Fees Payment Worksheet Form as this form shows the Bursar how you plan to pay for your tuition. Your registration is not complete without this form.

Please read the following information before you fill out the Tuition & Fees Payment Worksheet Form.

There are several types of financial aid that can be used towards the payment of your tuition charges each semester:
  • Federal Stafford Student Loan
  • Graduate Plus Loan
  • Teaching Fellowships/Graduate Assistantships
Please read the following information to determine which type of financial aid you have and indicate it on the reverse side of this form.

Federal Stafford Loan

If you are certified as eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan, a credit for the semester portion of the loan will be available in the Bursar's Office. To be eligible you must be at least half-time (a minimum of six credits per semester). This credit will enable you to register without the actual loan receipt of the proceeds, (which takes approximately 4-8 weeks to arrive).

Graduate Plus Loan

You may only include the Graduate Plus Loan as part of your payment if you have been approved for the loan by the Department of Education. Do not include the Graduate Plus Loan sources unless you have received a credit approval notice via email from the Department of Education.

Teaching Fellowships/Graduate Assistantships

If you have been hired as a teaching fellow or graduate assistant for a department, you must complete a contract AND RETURN TO: Office of Faculty Affairs-Teaching Assistance Center, KMC 7th floor, Room 7-100. Include a copy of the signed contract by this office with your Tuition and Fees Worksheet Payment Form to receive credit.

The total time lapse from the application for a student loan to disbursement of funds is approximately 4 to 8 weeks. Students should plan accordingly. Visit the Financial Aid Web page for details.

Please Note:

If you receive additional financial aid after you have already settled your account with the Bursar's Office, you must notify the Bursar's Office of the additional funds to your account.