Direct Deposit FAQ
Direct Deposit of Student Refunds
New! Activate Direct Deposit of Student Refunds
Beginning the week of April 11, 2011, NYU is launching an enhanced electronic suite (eSuite). If you are a current NYU student and would like to sign up for the direct deposit of your student refunds, please follow the instructions below.
Graduate Stern Students, this site will be used ONLY for signing up for Direct Deposit
NOTE: Even if you have already signed up to receive your refund via direct deposit in the past, you MUST enroll again in this new system by following the instructions below.
How to Sign Up for the Direct Deposit of Student Refunds?
You will be accessing this application via NYU Albert, the NYU-wide system.
Your login instructions for Albert are listed below:
- If you have not done so already, activate your NYU NetID (found on the back of your ID card) and create your password. NetID is used to sign in to systems at NYU. To activate your NetID and set your password, go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) "Start" page. Enter your Net ID, click on the "Start" button and follow the online instructions. To complete the process, you will also need your date of birth and the University ID number (also known as your N-number) assigned to you.
- Sign in to your NYU Albert account to enroll. Your username is your NetID and your password is the one you have created in Step 1. Please note: your NetID and password are case-sensitive.
- After logging into Albert,
- Under the Finances menu, click the “View Bursar Account” link,
- Once in the NYU eSuite, click the eRefunds button (at the top of the page)
- Click the “Set up Account” button
Please note that NYU Albert is used only for this Direct Deposit enrollment purpose. If you have inquiries regarding your bursar account or records and registration, please refer to AIS.
Why Sign Up for the Direct Deposit of Student Refunds?
Direct Deposit is the fastest and most secure way to receive your refund. By electing this option, a student's refund will be directly deposited into their checking account, at the financial institution of choice, which will ultimately be faster than waiting for the check to arrive in the mail.
Benefits of Direct Deposit
- Reliable and Faster:
The electronic transfer of funds is the best way to receive your refund money fast. It is quicker and more efficient than receiving your check in the mail.
- Here's the reason why:
By electing the Direct Deposit process, your refund money will automatically be deposited directly into your bank account, thereby eliminating the 3 to 10 days of mailing time.
No pacing by the mailbox, or wasting time waiting on lines at the bank because your refund money will automatically be deposited into your account.
Your check cannot become lost or stolen.
Switching accounts or changing banks is easy. Just log onto the NYU Office of the Bursar eSuite via the Albert Student Center.