Part-time Graduate Student: New Student Fall 2012
- The last day to drop a class (except Intensive and Alternate Delivery classes) with 100% tuition refund is two weeks after the start date of the class. Students who are dropping classes, but will remain enrolled in at least one course, please see http://www.stern.nyu.edu/registrar/schedules/2012F_withdraw.html for the individual class refund dates.
- Registration and service fees are non-refundable starting the third week of the term, October 3, 2012
- New incoming students must notify NYU Stern that they no longer plan to enroll by the following deadline in order to still receive a Pre-Term fee refund - August 27, 2012
- For a refund schedule for complete withdrawals, please see the Refund Schedule & Policy page
- The Business Writing, Math and Accounting Workshop fee is refundable if you drop prior to the start of each workshop.
Students who drop their courses during the above stated schedule periods will be refunded according to the stated refund percentage. The “effective date” of any drop or withdrawal is the date the student completed the request on-line, in person (add/drop form done at the Office of Records and Registration) by fax (date on fax:  995-4424) or by mail (postmark date). Please refer to the Tuition Refund Schedule to determine the refund you will receive.The difference between a “Drop” and a “Withdrawal” is:
- A Drop is done during the refund period (see the Tuition Refund Schedule) and the course is deleted from the transcript.
- A Withdrawal is done after the refund period (see the Tuition Refund Schedule) and the course appears on the transcript with a non-credit grade of “W”. There is no refund for a withdrawal and students will have to pay for the additional credits they must take to make up for the “W”
Email your appeal to the MBA Academic Policy Board at http://www.stern.nyu.edu/AcademicAffairs/Policies/index.htm