Leveraging Google AppsAre you planning to assign a group paper or presentation as a final project? Do you want to send your students a quick poll or a survey? This workshop introduces faculty to new ways to organize group projects and provide feedback on student work with Google Apps.
Google Apps allow for sharing, editing, and commenting on student group work in an easy way. It helps with the organization of student group projects by giving students an instant online workspace. Find out how Google Forms can make collecting data and polling easy to manage in real time. The workshop will present specific working models from Stern and explore specific questions you may be facing right now. Bring your questions and we will brainstorm with you.
This hands-on workshop is designed to share best practices and spark ideas on how you can leverage Google Apps. Users of all levels are encouraged to attend.
- Overview of the Google Apps environment
- Review of working examples that will focus on: working with students and committee groups; managing user-specific information; encouraging collaboration by sharing and providing review comments; collecting and graphing data
- Review best practices on how to use several Google Apps to achieve higher productivity
- Practice setting up Google docs for collaborative sharing, editing and commenting
- Learn new ways to foster student collaboration
- Learn how to leverage Google forms for quick polls and surveys
- Learn how to provide feedback on Google Docs and Google Presentations (Slides)