Adding your name to a course waitlist does not guarantee enrollment.
After a certain period course waitlists are deactivated for the term. If you have not been able to enroll in the waitlisted course by this time, it is no longer an option for your schedule.
- Fall/Spring Waitlist Deactivation: The last day of the 2nd week of classes (the last day of Albert registration)
- Summer/January Term Waitlist Deactivation: The last day of Albert registration for the session
If you plan to add your name to a waitlist, please be aware:
- Not all courses have a waitlist option
- Waitlists can become full
- You may need to use the SWAP feature to add yourself to a waitlist (see below)
- You will not be permitted to waitlist for a course for which you don’t meet the prerequisites, if there is a time conflict with another enrolled class, or if the addition of that course would exceed the 18-unit semester limit
- Monitor your waitlist position as it may change; if you have set up the wait list properly, you will be automatically enrolled in the course if you move up to the first position and space becomes available. You will not be notified of this change.
The Swap Feature
If you plan to add yourself to a course waitlist you may need to use the swap function.
To "SWAP," you must register for a back-up course and then set up a swap. Once you have enrolled in a back-up class:
1. Log on to your Student Center on Albert
2. Select the Enroll tab
3. Select the SWAP tab
4. Select the course from your schedule that can be dropped (the “back-up course”)
5. Enter the Class Number of the preferred class
6. Make sure to check “waitlist if class is full”
7. Finish swapping
Albert will only drop you from your back-up if it is able to enroll you from the waitlist into your preferred course.
You may not retroactively set up a swap if you are already on the waitlist for your preferred course. To set up a swap, you'd need to drop yourself from the waitlist and follow the steps above.
If you waitlisted for a course without setting up a swap and you remain on the waitlist, Albert will not enroll you in the course (even if you move to number 1 on the wait list) if:
1. The units from the course will exceed the 18-unit limit
2. There is a time conflict with a course in which you are currently enrolled
3. The course is the same course but a different section of a class in which you are already enrolled
You can also see pages 9-11 of the Albert Registration Guide
or watch the chapter that covers Waitlisting using SWAP on the Albert "How To" video