Langone MBA: Fall-Spring
- Complete the most recent FAFSA online as soon as you file your tax return. This application is used to determine federal financial aid eligibility for the summer, fall, and spring semesters. It is done once per academic year and is available only to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- If you are a domestic or international student interested in receiving a private loan, please submit an application directly to the lender of your choice. You may apply for a semester-only loan or a fall/spring loan combined. Typical processing time is 3-4 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- Receive a financial aid award notice to your Stern email account about one month prior to your payment deadline.
Please Note: Langone MBA students are automatically packaged for the Stafford loans ($10,250) so long as they take at least 6 credits per semester. If you will be taking an increased credit load and/or you need additional aid for living expenses, you may submit a Graduate Plus Loan Request Form at any time.
- Accept your Fall/Spring federal loans on NYU Albert. This is the university-wide system which provides a comprehensive view of your financial aid. In addition to federal loans, Albert will also display any private loans for which you have have applied and been approved, and any scholarships you may have received.
- Sign in at studentloans.gov to secure your loans. You must complete the:
- Entrance Counseling Session: This is done once and does not need to be repeated in future semesters.
- Master Promissory Note(s): The MPN is vaild for ten years. Thus, if you have already completed the MPN in a previous semester, there is no need to repeat this step.
- After accepting and securing your loans, please confirm approval with the Financial Aid Office and then complete the Fall "Tuition and Fees Worksheet" by your established payment deadline. This form is located on the Stern Bursar’s website. Be sure to list only APPROVED loan amounts.
- The lender sends the loan disbursement to the Bursar ten days prior to the start of the semester. Keep in mind that the disbursement date will be after your payment deadline. As long as your loans are approved by the deadline, the bursar will credit the amount to your account.
- If you have loans in excess of your tuition and fees charges, you will be cut a refund check for the excess amount. Due to the high volume of disbursements at the start of each semester, you should not count on your refund for the first month of classes. For information on direct deposit, please visit the Stern Bursar's website.
- Prepare for the spring semester by completing the Spring "Tuition and Fees Worksheet” for the Office of the Bursar.