Federal Loans Procedure
- File the FAFSA by April 1st in order to receive Federal Direct Student Loans.*
- If you attended NYU's summer session last year (2012) and received federal aid, you must complete the new 2013-2014 FAFSA.
- If you DID NOT borrow federal loans in summer '12, you must complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA, if you have not already done so. This form is only available until June 30th.
- All students with a valid FAFSA on file will automatically be packaged for the Unsubsidized Stafford loan totaling $10,250 gross ($10,148 net at disbursement). You will be emailed in April once the Unsubsidized Stafford loan is ready for acceptance on NYU Albert.
- If you need additional aid beyond $10,148, you can request a summer Graduate Plus loan via the Summer Financial Aid Form. Please submit this form no later than April 1st if you plan to use the Graduate Plus loan for the Stern Bursar's payment deadline on May 1st. You will receive email notification after the requested loan is packaged and is ready for acceptance on NYU Albert.
Private Loans: If interested in borrowing a private student loan, be sure to select the summer loan period when applying. Please note that a private loan application can take up to 4 weeks processing time so plan accordingly. Feel free to review our website for private loan options.