The Office of Career Development will work with you to schedule a day of Coffee Chats to meet with our students here at Stern. Coffee Chats are an opportunity for students to network with employers in a casual setting. This is a great forum to share more about your company's culture, talk about your experiences as a member of your company and discuss the day to day duties of your open opportunities. Coffee Chats can vary in format, from one-on-one, to group round table discussions based on your preference.
- Please fill out the following form to submit your 2016-17 Coffee Chat requests: Coffee Chat Request Form
- Coffee Chat requests will be accepted from mid-June to mid-July, 2016. Confirmations will be sent by August 1st, 2016 with final dates.
- Any Coffee Chat requests received after August 1st will be approved on a rolling basis.
- To facilitate preparation, including the finalizing of schedules, we will work with companies to plan one day of chats per student audience.
- We recommend 30 minute chats with a few breaks in between. Shorter chats tend to go over and result in a delayed schedule. For more information, contact your Relationship Manager.
- You are welcome to request our space for coffee chats or use your own office location. On-campus chats are the most convenient for students, and allow our office to assist you throughout the day. If you are interested in holding these chats at coffee shops around the NYU Stern neighborhood, below please find a Google map with coffee shops near campus. When selecting a coffee shop, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
1) Available table: some of the more popular coffee shops are very accessible, and therefore always packed. Select a coffee shop where you can get a table with minimal wait.
2) Noise level: Depending on the size and number of other guests at the coffee shop, some can get very noisy which can make it difficult for you to engage in a conversation. Scope out your intended coffee shop by visiting or calling them.
3) Visibility: Be sure to distinguish your table from the others by bringing a table tent with your company name and let the students know who to look out for.
4) Finally, let us know where you decide to go and please give us feedback so that we can help others make informed coffee shop selections.
- Sosnoff Lounge (located in NYU Stern, 44 W 4th St.)
- Argo Tea (239 Greene St.)
- Kopi Kopi
- The Coffee Bean & Tea (189 Bleeker St.)