Nonprofit PartnersThe Board Fellows program provides a way for resource-constrained organizations to access valuable business skills and fresh insights.
Some of the benefits for participating organizations include:
- Gain access to talented business students who can provide new perspective and fresh insights into board and organizational matters
- Utilize students’ knowledge, skills, passion and creativity via a strategic governance project that is of critical important to the board
- Participate in development of future business and civic leaders while cultivating their interest in community involvement
- Develop a relationship with potential candidates for future board, staff and volunteer positions
We would expect the hosting organization to dedicate time to helping the student learn from this unique experience. To ensure a successful experience:
- Include Board Fellows in board meetings, as well as any relevant committee meetings
- Identify a ‘board mentor’ to act as a champion for the fellows and serve as their primary connector to the board, as well as an ‘organizational liaison’ to serve as the fellow’s primary link to the organization
- Propose a strategic project which focuses on governance related issues or opportunities at the board level
NYU Stern has partnered with dozens of organizations over the past several years including, for example, The Fresh Air Fund, The Boy’s Club of New York, The Alzheimer’s Association New York City Chapter, and NYC Academies (the New York Chapter of the National Academy Foundation).
For NYC nonprofit organizations interested in participating in the Board Fellows program, please contact Jamie Rose Tobias, Director of Student Enagagement, via email at email@example.com.