Reserving Space on Campus
Students or clubs can request classroom space for projects, meetings, and speakers with advance notice. Classroom space requests made by faculty and other departments for academic programs have priority over student requests.
Please make requests online at least two weeks before your event.
The Office of Student Engagement facilitates a self-service room reservation module for KMC student group meeting rooms. These sets of rooms on the first, second, and fourth floors operate with the following guidelines:
- There is a 3- student minimum requirement for meeting room reservations.
- Rooms can only be reserved for up to 4 consecutive hours (back-to-back reservations are not permitted).
- Students can only reserve one room for any given time period.
- Online meeting room reservations are only available for up to 2 weeks in advance from today.
- 15 Minute Rule: If the group who reserved the room does not show within 15 minutes of the start time, the reservation may be forfeited by clicking on his/her Net ID in the reservation.
- The "15 minute rule" does not apply to rooms booked by administrative departments.
The Office of Student Engagement facilitates a self-service room reservation module for KMC student reading desks. These desks on the second floor operate with the following guidelines:
- The reservation system is intended for the individual study desks in the Reading Room. The table areas are open on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Study desks can only be reserved for up to 3 hours per calendar day (i.e. one 3- hour session; two 1.5- hour sessions, etc.)
- Students can only reserve one space for any given time period.
- Students can only reserve up to one day in advance.
- Students cannot reserve the same desk within 3 hours of their last reservation.
- 15 Minute Rule: If the person who reserved the desk does not show within 15 minutes of the start time, the reservation may be forfeited by clicking on his/her Net ID in the reservation.
There are four rooms at Stern which accommodate special events such as receptions with catering and alcohol. As space is extremely limited on campus, these rooms may only be used for club- sponsored events. External organizations affiliated with students are not able to book these spaces. These rooms are listed in the online reservation system as:
- M1-100 Commons
- M11-185 Abbe-Bogen Faculty Lounge
- M11-75 Cantor Boardroom
- M5-50 Lounge