Marketing APC Requirements
Pre-Admission RequirementsAll Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) applicants must have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Two years of work experience by the time they start the program
There are no pre-admission course requirements for the APC in Marketing.
Program RequirementsStudents in any APC program must adhere to the following requirements:
- The APC program cannot exceed 15 credits.
- Nine credits maximum may be taken in a given semester.
- The APC program must be completed in two years.
Core CourseStudents pursuing the APC in Marketing must first take the Marketing core course or demonstrate proficiency. Proficiency may be demonstrated in one of three ways:
- Undergraduate Marketing major/concentration
- MBA Marketing concentration
- Passing the Stern Marketing proficiency exam (typically available just prior to the start of the semester)
Elective CoursesOnce the core course requirement is satisfied, students pursuing the APC in Marketing may take any four Marketing elective courses, or 12 Marketing elective credits. Those students who demonstrate proficiency in Marketing may take any five Marketing electives, or 15 Marketing elective credits.
Students pursuing an APC in Marketing may take one non-Marketing course as part of their program, provided they meet the course prerequisites or co-requisites and they do not exceed 15 credits.
View sample Marketing courses.