Long-Term Firm Value-Creation Program
- Tata Group, together with NYU Stern Executive Education, developed a custom program to equip its leaders with the necessary tools to create value and sustain growth in times of economic turbulence.
- As a group that primarily grows through acquisitions, Tata Group aimed to deepen its understanding of where firm value arises and where it can be destroyed.
- Key program objectives were to critically and systematically think about the value consequences of a variety of firm decisions and to identify the best way forward.
- Senior business and functional leaders from a cross-section of Tata Group companies including Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Power and Tata Chemicals
- CEOs and Managing Directors
- Profit center and business line heads
- Effective balance sheet management during downturns and recessions
- Valuation of multi-product, multi-divisional companies with global operations and customers
- Corporate strategy in highly competitive markets
- Faculty and participants collaborated to generate Tata-specific, illustrative content applications drawn from Tata companies’ balance-sheets, valuations and corporate strategies.
- Program sessions provided unique financial and strategic tools and frameworks to evaluate and drive firm value.
- This highly-customized program took place at the Tata Management Training Centre in Pune, India.
- Participants left with new insights on how to build a long-term strategy that will impact their decision-making as they consider future growth opportunities.
- Participants returned to the workplace with a deeper understanding of firm valuation, both in terms of their own firms and potential acquisitions.
- Enhanced senior leaders’ ability to apply the big picture to decision-making through the integration of elements from accounting, valuation and strategy including:
- Implications of firm financials
- Complex financial analysis
- Firm value drivers
The program content included an in-depth look at:
"It was clear that the NYU Stern program participants left with valuable insights on the financial management of their businesses and with the necessary tools to effectively value future M&A opportunities.”
- Chetan Tolia, Director, Tata Management Training Centre
Participants from Tata say:
"The learning from this program will help me build more effective long-term strategies for my business."
"As an operating manager, this program helped me develop a dashboard to evaluate my own performance and provided me with a framework to evaluate the performance of my company."