- Tata Group, together with NYU Stern Executive Education, developed a custom program to equip its leaders with the necessary tools to create value and sustain growth in times of economic turbulence.
- As a group that primarily grows through acquisitions, Tata Group aimed to deepen its understanding of where firm value arises and where it can be destroyed.
- Key program objectives were to critically and systematically think about the value consequences of a variety of firm decisions and to identify the best way forward.
- Senior business and functional leaders from a cross-section of Tata Group companies including Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Power and Tata Chemicals
- CEOs and Managing Directors
- Profit center and business line heads
The program content included an in-depth look at:
- Effective balance sheet management during downturns and recessions
- Valuation of multi-product, multi-divisional companies with global operations and customers
- Corporate strategy in highly competitive markets
- Faculty and participants collaborated to generate Tata-specific, illustrative content applications drawn from Tata companies’ balance-sheets, valuations and corporate strategies.
- Program sessions provided unique financial and strategic tools and frameworks to evaluate and drive firm value.
- This highly-customized program took place at the Tata Management Training Centre in Pune, India.
- Participants left with new insights on how to build a long-term strategy that will impact their decision-making as they consider future growth opportunities.
- Participants returned to the workplace with a deeper understanding of firm valuation, both in terms of their own firms and potential acquisitions.
- Enhanced senior leaders’ ability to apply the big picture to decision-making through the integration of elements from accounting, valuation and strategy including:
- Implications of firm financials
- Complex financial analysis
- Firm value drivers
"It was clear that the NYU Stern program participants left with valuable insights on the financial management of their businesses and with the necessary tools to effectively value future M&A opportunities.”
- Chetan Tolia, Director, Tata Management Training Centre
Participants from Tata say:
"The learning from this program will help me build more effective long-term strategies for my business."
"As an operating manager, this program helped me develop a dashboard to evaluate my own performance and provided me with a framework to evaluate the performance of my company."