A Connected and Supportive CommunityStern's culture emphasizes both intellectual and emotional intelligence: IQ + EQ. Starting from the first day of orientation, Fashion & Luxury MBA students will become part of NYU Stern's collaborative, diverse, lifelong network of professionals.
The Office of Student Engagement
The Office of Student Engagement partners with students to build community, motivating and guiding them to make the most of their time at Stern.
MBA Community Events The MBA Office of Student Engagement at NYU Stern hosts a variety of events and educational programs for all students. These summits and social events allow students to meet and mingle with their classmates, NYU Stern administration, and faculty. Favorite events include:
- Stern Student Government's Annual Charity Ball: raises money for local charities through ticket sales, corporate sponsorship, and a silent auction.
- International Passport Day: celebrates diversity at Stern and allows students to share in each other's heritages and taste cuisines from around the world.
- Stern Follies: a variety/comedy show that includes humorous videos and live performances about all things business and life at Stern.
One-Year MBA students will join their peers in the Two-Year Full-time and Langone Part-time MBA programs through student government (SGov) involvement, on- and off-campus events, and access to nearly 40 professional, affinity, and special interest clubs. Sample student organizations include:
- Luxury & Retail Club
- Entrepreneurship & Startup Association
- Stern Women in Business
- Association of Hispanic and Black Business Students
- Stern Adventures
- Stern Golf Club
10th Annual Luxury & Retail Conference
Each year the Luxury & Retail Conference connects Sternies with industry leaders to discuss timely topics in luxury and retail. Past speakers include CEOs, founders, and top executives from Warby Parker, Neiman Marcus Group, L'Oreal, and Rebecca Minkoff.LEARN MORE