Foundations of Risk Management
- Pre-work designed to establish a common body of knowledge
- Option pricing, risk analytics, fixed income markets
- Topics in volatility
- Credit risk, market risk, reputational risk, strategic risk, and operational risk
- Measuring and modeling risk and developing risk metrics
- Stress-testing and back-testing of risk models and integration into firm strategies
- Qualitative side of risk management-behavioral finance
- Risk considerations in organizational design and leaderships
- Risk as it impacts the global nature of today’s business environment
- Regulatory dimensions impacting risk assessment and control
- Capstone project addressing a broader strategic challenge
- Distance learning courses relating to current risk management issues in practice
- Case discussions, exercises and simulations integrated throughout the program.
To Alex’s great satisfaction, the work for NYU Stern's MS in Risk Management is immediately applicable to his current job. “It’s amazing how I come back from a module and start to change and improve processes, reports, and even the organization chart in my area of responsibility,” he says.