Choosing Your Recommenders
One letter of recommendation is required with your application. Do not submit more than one letter of recommendation and adhere to these other guidelines:
- The recommendation may be academic or professional in nature.
- The recommendation should come from an individual who can objectively assess your performance and your potential for success in Stern's MS in Accounting program and in your future career.
- Recommendations from family members, family friends and close friends are discouraged.
Your recommenders will be asked to rate you on a number of professional abilities and qualities, as well as provide an answer to these three questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- How do the candidate's performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified peers? Please provide specific examples.
- How would you describe the applicant's interpersonal skills?
Your recommenders may answer these questions in the recommendation form or by uploading a Word or PDF document.