Effectively Manage Your Career
Career Center for Working Professionals (CCWP)The Career Center for Working Professionals (CCWP) is designed to help Langone Part-time MBA students in advancing their careers. While Part-time MBA students have access to all of the CCWP services, they are not eligible to participate in Stern's Full-time MBA on-campus recruiting process for summer internships or full-time positions, which, in contrast, is a resource designed for Full-time MBA students focused on changing their careers.
The CCWP provides Part-time MBA students with the skills necessary to conduct an independent job search and to effectively manage their career. It also provides alumni with lifelong career support. Its services include:
- Individual career counseling appointments focused on:
- Resume review
- Job search strategy
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Small group job search strategy sessions
- Professional development workshops on topics such as executive presence and managing your career
- Access to Stern's online job postings database, which features hundreds of open positions
- Job expos hosted in conjunction other NYU career offices
The Berkley Center for Entrepreneurship & InnovationNYU Stern's Berkley Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation offers a comprehensive program of courses and practical experience for future entrepreneurs – those who plan to start their own business, run a family business and those who will be taking over a small organization and hope to make it grow. Read a Forbes interview with Berkley Center Director Luke Williams.
Sponsored by the Berkley Center, the Entrepreneurs' Challenge is comprised of three business plan competitions:
- New Venture Competition - with winners receiving a share of the $75,000 Rennert Prize, named after benefactor and Stern alumnus Ira Rennert
- Social Venture Competition - with winners receiving a share of the the $50,000 Social Venture Prize
- NYU Technology Venture Competition - with winners receiving a share of the $75,000 cash prize, as well as pro-bono support and technical assistance, from the NYU New Venture Innovation Fund
Did you Know...?
- Stern's network includes more than 100,000 alumni and 500 CEOs
- The Career Center for Working Professionals provides Stern alumni career services for life
- You can access resources for your entrepreneurial endeavors through Stern's Berkley Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation