Special Programs for High School and College StudentsThrough Stern’s special programs, current high school and college students can learn more about business fundamentals from Stern’s world-renowned faculty, while studying in the heart of New York City. Space is limited in our special programs, and program admissions requirements apply. Read on to learn more about which special programs are right for you.
The Business Essentials course is designed to equip non-business undergraduate students and recent graduates with practical knowledge in the key areas of accounting, finance, management and marketing. NYU Stern's preeminent faculty combine theory and practice using real-world examples from their experiences as researches and working with leading corporations. The course is ideal for students who want to become acquainted with the fundamental business skills that are essential in every career field. Students who would like to enroll must be a non-business major and have not taken accounting, finance management or other marketing courses.
- Management with Professor Michael Mazzarese
- Marketing with Professor Eric Greenleaf
- Accounting with Professor Alex Dontoh
- Finance with Professor Anthony Marciano
Courses & Faculty:
- Business and Investments with Professor Dan Gode – You need business and financial skills in your personal life as well as your professional life. Most high school curricula do not prepare students for these essential life skills. This course covers three critical areas: personal finance, business planning, and capital markets. It also teaches life lessons about how and why career choices affect financial outcomes.
- Behavioral Economics and the Science of Decision Making with Professors Adam Alter and Tom Meyvis – Study the science behind how people make decisions through an overview of research in the behavioral sciences. Understand how these tools can be leveraged to predict consumers’ responses, anticipate managerial biases, and, ultimately, design more effective managerial and marketing strategies to obtain a competitive advantage.