You are required to submit one professional recommendation, ideally from your current direct supervisor. If you cannot include a recommendation from your current supervisor, you must provide an explanation.
Submitting more than one recommendation is not required but is allowed. Please be sure that any additional recommendations add significant value to your application.
Family members should not write your recommendation.
Recommender Ratings & Questions
Your recommender will be asked to rate you on the following abilities/qualities:
- Analytical/Quantitative Ability
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant's role in your organization.
- How does the applicant's performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles (if applicable)? Please provide specific examples. (e.g., what are the applicant's principal strengths?).
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
- IQ+EQ is a core value of NYU Stern, and we seek exceptional individuals who possess both intellectual and interpersonal strengths. Emotional intelligence (EQ) skills such as self-awareness, empathy, communication, and self-management are at the core of our community of leaders. Please provide one specific and compelling example to demonstrate the applicant's emotional intelligence.
- (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
Please note only enrolled students who did not waive their right to access their recommendation may later request to see their recommendation. Those who are not enrolled do not have access to view their recommendations.