The MS in Risk Management program is designed specifically for experienced and high-potential professionals in enterprise risk management or a related area. Therefore, a candidate's record of professional achievement is a critical factor.
To apply to the MS in Risk Management program, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and strong grade point average (GPA).
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional work experience.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in the field of risk management.
- Demonstrated academic/quantitative preparedness, either through prior coursework, professional experience, and/or certifications.
We also offer online information sessions
to help students learn more about the program and the admissions process. You may also schedule an optional informational call with a member of the Admissions team at any point during the admissions process.
The admissions process is rigorous and selective. We consider an applicant's candidacy holistically based on the qualities they will bring to the MSRM program. To begin:
Submit your resume with the preliminary information form
. The Admissions Office will contact you within one week of receipt to confirm receipt and to follow up on any questions you may have about the program or application process.
Complete the online application
. As part of this application, we will need the following:
- Personal statement (topic provided on application platform)
- Two recommendations (to be submitted via an online form on the application system)
- Official transcripts in English
- Copy of front (photo) page of passport
- GMAT (if required)*
- TOEFL result (if required)
- Non-refundable application fee of USD 103
*Applicants who have yet to demonstrate sufficient quantitative skills through academic or professional experience may be asked for a GMAT score after initial application review by the Admissions Committee.
Please note that you may submit your application for initial review even if recommendations or transcripts are still being processed or are not yet ready to be submitted. Prior to starting the program, enrolled students will be required to acknowledge that they have communicated the time commitment the program requires to their employers.
Admissions Interview. Should the Admissions Committee feel positive about your candidacy upon review of a completed application, we will contact you to schedule an admissions interview.
Application Deadline Information
Application deadlines for the MSRM class beginning May 2020 are:
Applications submitted by this date are guaranteed an expedited review process.
- Early Decision: September 15
- Regular Decision I: February 1
- Regular Decision II: April 15
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the admissions cycle. Please note that we also give admissions decisions on a rolling basis. We recommend submitting your application earlier in the cycle as admission becomes more competitive throughout the year. When our class is full, qualified candidates will be deferred to the next intake.