The Office of Career Development (OCD), a department at the Stern School of Business, provides limited career assistance to exchange students during their semester at Stern. Services include career advisement appointments and access to the Career Account which houses corporate research information, publications, and the ability to view off-campus job postings. Students also have access to attend the MBA career fair in the fall or spring semester.
Below are the resources that are available to exchange students:
- Career Account – online information warehouse of guides/directories/databases/job postings for professional development. Exchange students will have access to all job postings that are available to Stern full-time students.
- Job Search Tools – online access to cover letter examples, interviewing guides, and resume templates.
- Career Counseling – counseling sessions with an MBA career counselor to create a personal development plan.
- Career Fair – held Fall and Spring semester; an opportunity to meet employers targeting Stern students but who would also consider exchange students at Stern.
- Access to Stern's teleconference facilities for remote interviewing purposes, during NY business hours.
The following resources are unavailable to exchange students while studying at Stern:
- On-campus corporate presentations and interviews.
- Alumni database system.
- Interview facilities (with the exception of teleconference facilities) on-site at Stern. If students make connections regarding job prospects, they will need to negotiate with the company directly and be interviewed at their corporate office.
- The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development (undergraduate resource).
- Alumni Services, including access to career services, after the conclusion of their semester at Stern.
We encourage exchange students to keep in touch regularly with their home school to obtain career advice and related professional development support.