Studio BE: NYU's Incubator ProgramThe Berkley Entrepreneurship Center (BE), in partnership with INC39, is pleased to announce Studio BE, an Incubator Program for high-potential startups founded by NYU students and alumni.
Teams will be working full-time on their ventures and will have access to guidance, support and resources such as:
- Complimentary co-working space at the new, state-of-the-art INC39 Accelerator (conveniently located in midtown).
- BE and INC39 mentors who are experienced computer engineers, battle-tested entrepreneurs, savvy marketers and seasoned investors.
- BE’s help desks manned by experts in design, legal and accounting issues.
- BE skills development workshops.
- Intense, hands-on coaching by business advisory teams.
- Pro bono legal services (requests for services will be reviewed individually).
- Assistance identifying and obtaining seed funding.
- A collaborative environment working with other dynamic startup teams
The Berkley Entrepreneurship Center’s Studio BE is open only to ventures founded and run by NYU students or alumni. The Program selects candidates through a competitive application process. Ventures are evaluated on their likelihood of success. We also assess which teams are best positioned to benefit most from the services and support we're able to offer. Factors taken into consideration include:
- Quality of proposed business model
- Uniqueness of concept
- Clarity of marketplace
- Market opportunity
- Assessment of competition
- Validation of a true market opportunity
- Stage of development
- Demonstrable technology
- Proprietary technology
- Likelihood of sustainability
- Financial profitability
- Social impact (if a social venture)
- Management team’s experience and ability to execute its vision
- Willingness and ability to commit adequate time and resources to developing the venture
- Willingness to work with the Studio BE team and receptivity to advice given
- Willingness to contribute to the success of fellow incubatees