Volunteer OpportunitiesIndividuals interested in volunteering with the W. R. Berkley Innovation Labs are asked to complete a short screening process to determine whether applicants have the requisite skills and experience to advise startup teams, as well as the most appropriate volunteer role(s) given the individual’s background, interest and availability.
|Sounding Board||Advisor||Serve as one of 3 advisors providing general guidance on the common challenges early-stage ventures face||4-6 hours/ month|
|Help Desks||Advisor||Provide students 1:1 guidance in one of the following functional areas: marketing, accounting, legal, product design, pitching/presentation skills||4-6 hours/ month|
|Boot Camps||Facilitator||Assist teams in completing hands-on exercises during active working sessions||6 hours x once/year|
|$300K Entrepreneurs Challenge||Coach||Provide competition teams feedback and advice on developing their venture concept along with two other coaches||3-4 hours x 3-4 times/year|
|$300K Entrepreneurs Challenge||Evaluator||Review and evaluate competition submissions to determine which teams advance to the live presentation rounds||4-5 hours each November|
|Workshops||Speaker or Panelist||Be included in a database of contacts who may be called upon to serve as either a speaker or panelist for a 2-3 hour weekday event||2-3 hours, as needed|
|Multiple||Expert/Resource||Be included in a database of contacts who may be called upon to connect with startup teams for short meetings either in person or via phone, to answer questions related to your area of expertise or to make introductions||1/2-1 hour, as needed|
1. Submit the following materials to Phoebe Punzalan, Associate Director of Entrepreneurship, at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter indicating the volunteer role(s) most desired and the specific skills and experience that qualify you for the role(s)
- Brief Resume or one-page bio
- Recommendation Letter from a current volunteer or NYU Stern faculty, staff, or alumnus (optional but highly encouraged)
3. Depending upon your volunteer role, you may be asked to complete an orientation or training prior to beginning your volunteer activities.