2011 Future of TV Conference Brings Together Industry Experts
The annual conference brings together a host of leading lights from today’s most prominent and up-and-coming media and entertainment companies.
The Future of Television Conference East, hosted by Digital Media Wire in partnership with NYU Stern and the Consumer Electronics Association, convened 300 industry experts and academics to discuss the latest trends and issues in today's television and technology industries. The 2011 event was hosted in New York’s Museum of Jewish Heritage."The annual conference brings together a host of leading lights from today’s most prominent and up-and-coming media and entertainment companies,” explains Professor Al Lieberman, executive director of NYU Stern’s Entertainment, Media and Technology Program, who co-chaired the event. “This year’s line-up included speakers from ABC Television Network, CBS Corporation, Discovery, Disney & ESPN Networks, Google Video Services and Google TV, HBO.com, The Hollywood Reporter, New York Television Festival, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, Wired and YouTube."
Event highlights included:
- Keynote from Nigel Morris, CEO of Aegis Media Americas, a media communications and market research firm, on “The Role for Digital Out-of-Home in a Convergent World”
- Fireside chat with Ian Blane, CEO of thePlatform, an online video management and publishing company, on “TV Everywhere: When TV Takes to the Cloud”
Watch panel discussions on:
- Digital Distribution Model: How Technology is Changing the Way Audiences Access TV & Video Content
- Monetization: Predictions & Provocations – How to Build Sustainable Business Models around Television & Video Content
- What are the Biggest Potential Growth Areas for the Digital Out-of-Home Industry in 2012 and Beyond?
- Is Being Discovered the Biggest Challenge in the New Television Ecosystem?