Jacob Silverman, President of Duff & Phelps, Shares Career Tips with MBA Students
Take professional risks and remember that it’s easier to take risks when you’re starting out and you have little to lose. - Jacob Silverman
- Find mentors and stick with them.
- Take professional risks and remember that it’s easier to take risks when you’re starting out and you have little to lose.
- Beware of corporate speak or “double speak.”
- Management is a full-time job. Motivating and leading teams can be challenging.
- Listening is key! Employees who don’t feel heard become demotivated and oftentimes demoralized.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of succession planning and creating career paths for your employees.
- Learn how to be effective in both hiring and firing employees.
Read more about past Leadership Off the Record events:
Read more about past Leadership Luncheon Series events:
- Stephen Sadove, chairman and CEO, Saks
- Sharon Allen, former chairman, Deloitte
- Jeff Zucker, former president and CEO, NBC Universal
- Tony Alvarez, co-founder, Alvarez & Marsal LLC
- Bill Drayton, founder and CEO, Ashoka
- Mike Indursky (MBA ’90), president, Bliss World Holdings Inc.
- Mary Ellen Iskenderian, president and CEO, Women’s World Banking
- Larry Silverstein (ARTS ’52), president and CEO, Silverstein Properties