Wire TransferNew York University has contracted with Western Union Business Solutions to facilitate wire transfer payments from non-U.S. bank accounts.
This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in a number of currencies, provides a secure way of initiating payments electronically and incorporates pertinent student information to ensure timely crediting of the payment to the student’s bill. NYU and Western Union do not charge a fee for this service; however, you may incur wire transfer fees from your financial institution.
If you want to wire transfer a payment from a U.S. bank account, you may also use this Western Union service; however, we recommend using eCheck because it is a less costly and more efficient method for payments from U.S. bank accounts. The link to the Graduate Stern eCheck
Steps to Initiate a Student Payment
Step 1: Initiate your payment "online"
Click here to be redirected to New York University's International Payment Portal
Enter your student details
- NYU ID # (begins with the letter "N")
- Date of Birth
- NYU email address
- Phone number
Select Payment Service:
- NYU Student Payment (*use this option to pay your Bursar bill and/or $500 dollar Summer Housing deposit)
- Or select the: NYU Housing Reservation Fee (*use this option to pay your $999 dollar Fall Housing Reservation fee)
- Enter the amount due in US Dollars.
- Choose the currency in the bank account from which you intend to pay your bill. (e.g. Euro, British Pound, Japanese Yen etc) If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollars.
- A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.
- Agree to the payment amount and accept the terms and conditions.
- Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 2.
Step 2: Transfer funds to Western Union
- Present the PDF document to your local bank to initiate the transfer of funds from your bank account to Western Union.
- Be sure that your bank includes the reference number from your quote in Step 1 when the transfer is made to Western Union.
Step 3: Western Union does the rest!
- Using your reference number, Western Union will transfer your payment to New York University and the Office of the Bursar will post the payment to your student account.
- It usually takes two to three business days after your bank initiates payment to Western Union before your NYU student account is updated. You can monitor your student account for the payment by logging into AIS.
Currencies offered by Western Union*
*If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollars. If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Bursar at 212-998-2806.
|• AED - United Arab Emirates Dirham||• LVL - Latvian Lats|
|• AUD - Australian Dollar||• MAD - Moroccan Dirham|
|• BHD - Bahraini Dinar||• MXN - Mexican Peso|
|• CAD - Canadian Dollar||• NAD - Namibian Dollar|
|• CHF - Swiss Franc||• NOK - Norwegian Kroner|
|• CZK - Czech Koruna||• NZD - New Zealand Dollar|
|• DKK - Danish Kroner||• OMR - Omani Rial|
|• EUR - Euro||• PLN - Polish Zloty|
|• FJD - Fiji Dollar||• QAR - Qatari Rial|
|• GPB - British Pound||• SAR - Saudi Riyal|
|• HKD - Hong Kong Dollar||• SEK - Swedish Kronor|
|• HUF - Hungarian Forint||• SGP - Singapore Dollar|
|• ILS - Israeli Shekel||• THB - Thai Baht|
|• INR - Indian Rupee||• TRY - Turkish New Lira|
|• JOD - Jordanian Dinar||• USD - US DOLLAR|
|• JPY - Japanese Yen||• VUV - Vanuatu Vatu|
|• KES - Kenyan Shilling||• WST - Samoan Tala|
|• KWD - Kuwaiti Dinar||• XPF - Central Polynesian Franc|
|• LTL - Lithuanian Litas||• ZAR - South African Rand|