Exchange students must be nominated and accepted by their home universities in order to study at Stern. You should contact your school’s exchange office for information on how to apply to the program. Once accepted, you will need to submit the following to our office:
- NYU Stern Exchange & Visa Application (will be used to process student visa paperwork).
Note: As you progress through the online application, your responses will be saved every time you click the "Next" button. You may leave and return to the application (and change your responses) as many times as you want. However, after you officially submit your completed application you will not be able to make any further changes online. Any changes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, right after you submit your application you will have a chance to print it and/or save it as a PDF. Save your application as a PDF and email a copy to our office. Remember to do this immediately (and before you close the application window) because you will not be able to access, print or save it at a later date.
- Financial documentation showing that you have adequate funds to provide for ALL expenses while in the United States. These expenses include $2,059 for required comprehensive health insurance and living expenses estimated at $8,000 per semester, for a minimum total of $10,059 USD. Financial documentation (i.e. personal bank statements, loan documents, etc.) must be printed on letterhead, signed by a bank official, dated within the past 6 months and demonstrate possession of adequate funds to cover all costs.
- One scanned copy of your transcript in English (can be an official or unofficial copy)
- One passport-sized digital photo of yourself (for our office use only)
- One scanned copy of your passport photo page
Office of International Programs
The Undergraduate College
Tisch Hall, 6th Floor
40 West Fourth Street
New York, NY 10012
Note: All courses are conducted in English. We request non-native speakers have a minimum score of:
- 7 on the IELTS test;
- 100 on the TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test); OR
- 250 on the TOEFL Computer Based Test.