IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
- IS Professor Anindya Ghose analyzes data drawn from crowdfunding platform Kiva.org in his forthcoming paper in MIS Quarterly.
- Statistics Professor Jeffrey Simonoff and his co-editors present a new SAGE Handbook on multilevel modeling.
- OM doctoral student Xuan Wang is awarded first prize in the 2013 MSOM Paper Competition.
- IS Assistant Professor Prasanna Tambe wins the ISR Best Published Paper Award at INFORMS 2013.
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
Vasant Dhar, IS Group Head
René Caldentey, OM Group Head
Peter Lakner, Statistics Group Head
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Spring 2014 Course HighlightOPMG-GB.4306.20 Revenue Management and Pricing
Professor René Caldentey
Students learn how firms should manage production capacity, resources and product availability policies across different selling channels in order to maximize performance and profitability - or “selling the right product to the right customer at the right time for the right price”.