Center for Real Estate Finance Research
The Center for Real Estate Finance at New York University’s Stern School of Business was established in the Spring of 2012 to foster research in real estate finance, economics, and operations at Stern, to improve and expand our course offerings and career services in the MBA and undergraduate programs, and to deepen the relationship between the Stern school and the real estate industry.
The Center for Real Estate Finance Research at NYU Stern aims to foster thought leadership in real estate finance, to support the teaching mission of the school to produce future leaders in the real estate industry, and to promote dialogue with our alumni and industry leaders in the field.
Vice Dean Ingo Walter and Professor Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh have transformed an already outstanding foundation of curriculum and financial research, into a formal Real Estate Finance academic concentration at NYU Stern. This initiative is being driven by a large student demand and increasing corporate recruiting interest, and will complement the Finance department's leadership in finance research, which has generated publications and books such as the recently published Guaranteed to Fail. Stern recognizes that real estate, a core financial asset, is a fundamental part of the economy and business and has taken the next steps to institutionalize the School's pedagogy in the area.
- NYU Stern MBA Real Estate Club
- NYU Stern Undergraduate Real Estate Group
- EB-5 Research at CREFR
- Interest Rate Risks of REITs by Gunjan Banati, Leonie van Hofwegen, Sarah Wander, and Snjezana Tremblay
- VIDEO: The Future of the Real Estate Industry
- NYU Furman Center for Real Estate & Urban Policy
- CREFR is hiring a RESEARCH ASSISTANT!
Contact CREFRNYU Stern School of Business
Henry Kaufman Management Center
44 West 4th Street, Suite 9-153
New York, NY 10012
Tel: (212) 992 6840
Fax: (212) 995 4220
- T 12/1 Exec-in-Residence Paul Quinlan
- T 12/8 RE Seminar Chris Palmer
- T 11/10 RE Seminar Andra Ghent
- T 11/3 Exec-in-Residence Steven Schwartz
- T 10/27 Exec-in-Residence Steven Kassin
- T 10/20 RE Seminar Adrien Auclert
- Th 10/8 Fall Symposium: The Nexus between Real Estate and Infrastructure Investing
- F 9/25 Real Estate Bootcamp
- T 9/15 RE Seminar Jonathan Halket
- W-Th 5/20-21 NY Fed Mortgage Design Conference
- F 4/17 CGEB-CREFR Conference on China's Real Estate Markets
- F 3/27 EB-5 Financing Conference