Research Center Events
NYU Stern Center for Measurable Marketing Conference
May 26, 2011
NYU Stern Center for Measurable Marketing Conference Addresses How to Measure Marketing Efforts in Today’s Digital LandscapeMore than 80 academics, marketing professionals and industry experts, convened for NYU Stern’s 2011 Conference on “Measurable Marketing in a Digital World,” hosted by the School’s Center for Measurable Marketing. Participants explored the largest challenges facing advertisers, the latest in digital media, how organizations should be measuring the effectiveness and ROI of digital advertising, and how to take advantage of cross media synergies.
Event highlights and featured presenters included:
- Keynote speaker: Robert Birge, chief marketing officer, kayak.com, candidly shared his experiences with “Online to Offline Marketing.”
- Social media, digital marketing and mobile Internet expert Anindya Ghose, NYU Stern associate professor of information, operations & management sciences, and five others shared insights during a panel discussion on “Cross Media Effectiveness Measurement.”
- Mack Turner, managing director, Bank of America, offered his perspective on “Rethinking Marketing Metrics, Processes and Outcomes in a Digital Age.”
- Frank Cotignola, manager of digital insights/knowledge management, Kraft Foods, spoke about “Digital Measurement and Social Media Listening.”
- Charles Thomas, vice president of research and analytics, USAA Insurance, shared his perspectives on “Media Consumption and Cross Media Synergies.”
- Sherrill Mane, senior vice president of industry services, Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), shared IAB’s perspective on digital advertising measurement.
- Randy Bucklin, UCLA, chaired a panel discussion on “Making Measurement Make Sense.”
About the CenterNYU Stern’s Center for Measurable Marketing is dedicated to advancing the development, understanding and application of marketing measurement to quantify marketing’s impact on business.
- Entrepreneurs' Challenge, 2011-2012 Semi-finalist Teams
- New Ventue Showcase, Feb. 15, 2012 from 5-7:30 pm, Tisch Hall, Patron's Lobby
- Social Entrepreneurship Conference