Research Center Events
Scholars Convene to Look at Challenges Facing Emerging Market Multinationals
— September 30, 2016
The Conference on Emerging Market Multinationals organized by NYU Stern’s Center for the Globalization of Education and Management brought together leading scholars to discuss the challenges faced by firms from emerging economies when they expand abroad.
Conference highlights included:
- Welcome remarks from Professor Pankaj Ghemawat
- Keynote presentation by Karl Sauvant of Columbia Center on Sustainable investment
- Panel discussion on investment patterns, moderated by Senior Research Scholar and CGEM Executive Director, Steven A. Altman
- Debate on the future of emerging market multinationals, featuring Professor Ghemawat and Mauro Guillen, Professor of International Management at the Wharton School and Director of the Lauder Institute at U. Penn.
- Panel discussion focused on the differences between state and family-owned entities, featuring Professor Belen Villalonga and moderated by Professor Sinziana Dorobantu
- Closing remarks from Donald Lessard of MIT