Creating Effective Visuals for Online and Onsite LectureDo you use PowerPoint slides to augment your lecture? Join us for a lunchtime workshop geared towards creating stellar presentations to support your teaching and research.
The Workshop Format:
- Overview of presentation design and readability
- Examples of effective visual communication through the use of charts, images, and multimedia
- A demonstration on “how-to” create well-designed slide presentations
- A working session where you can begin to apply the strategies discussed to your slides
- Application of strategies to your presentations
- Individual and group feedback on your presentations
- Quick tips on how to create charts for your presentations
- A checklist of basic design principles for presentations
To make the most of your time we encourage you to send us a PowerPoint presentation you intend to work on ahead of time. You can send your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.