Finance APC Requirements
Pre-Admission RequirementsAll Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) applicants must have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Two years of work experience by the time they start the program
Applicants to the Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) in Finance must have completed both Statistics and Economics at an accredited institution prior to applying. These courses may have been taken at the undergraduate level.
Program RequirementsStudents in any APC program must adhere to the following requirements:
- The APC program cannot exceed 15 credits.
- Nine credits maximum may be taken in a given semester.
- The APC program must be completed in two years.
Core CourseStudents pursuing the APC in Finance must first take the Foundations of Finance core course or demonstrate proficiency. Proficiency may be demonstrated in one of three ways:
- Undergraduate Finance major/concentration
- MBA Finance concentration
- Passing the Stern Foundations of Finance proficiency exam (typically available just prior to the start of the semester)
Elective CoursesOnce the core course requirement is satisfied, students pursuing the APC in Finance may take any four Finance elective courses, or 12 Finance elective credits. Those students who demonstrate proficiency in Foundations of Finance may take any five Finance electives, or 15 Finance elective credits.
Students pursuing an APC in Finance may take one non-Finance course as part of their program, provided they meet the course prerequisites or co-requisites and they do not exceed 15 credits.
View sample Finance courses.