Learn about the requirements for applying to the MS in Business Analytics program at NYU Stern.
Admissions CriteriaThe MS in Business Analytics Program is designed for experienced professionals established within analytical roles who help drive strategy through utilizing data. Therefore, a candidate's record of professional achievement is a critical factor.
To apply to the Master of Science in Business Analytics Program, you must have:
- A minimum of five years of professional, full-time work experience.
- A bachelor's degree and strong Grade Point Average.
- Demonstrated academic/quantitative preparedness, either through prior coursework, professional experience, and/or certifications.
Admissions ProcessThe Admissions Process is rigorous and selective. We consider an applicant's candidacy holistically based on the qualities they will bring to the MSBA program. To begin:
Submit your resume with the preliminary information form, which will assist the Admissions Committee in advising you on your suitability for the program.
The Admissions Office will contact you within one week after receipt of your form to discuss your suitability and, if applicable, schedule a preliminary informational call. If the MS in Business Analytics Program is the right fit, we will invite you to begin the online application.
Complete the online application. As part of the online application, we will need the following:
- Two essays (topics provided on application platform)
- Two recommendations (to be submitted via an online form on the application system)
- Official transcripts in English
- Copy of front (photo) page of passport
- TOEFL result (if required)
- Non-refundable application fee of $103
- *GMAT and GRE not required for this program
Please note that you may submit your application for initial review even if recommendations or transcripts are still being processed or are not yet ready to be submitted.
Prior to starting the program, enrolled students will be required to acknowledge that they have communicated the time commitment the program requires to their employers.
Admissions Interview. Should the Admissions Committee feel positive about your candidacy upon review of a completed application, we will contact you to schedule an admissions interview.
Application Deadline InformationApplication deadline and notification information can be found here; our next deadline is November 1.
Please note that applications are accepted on a rolling basis and admissions decisions are provided throughout the year. You may reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or submit a preliminary information form to request an informational call with an admissions officer.