A great business education stresses both IQ and EQ – intellectual and emotional intelligence. At Stern, we develop your ability to work with complex ideas and with diverse people through our rigorous and innovative curriculum.
Stern’s undergraduate programs in business combine intensive study in business fundamentals with broad-based foundations in the liberal arts. Our courses are taught by some of the most respected business faculty in the world, and our global study opportunities and cutting-edge social impact sequence are unmatched by any other undergraduate business school.
Stern offers a B.S. in Business with a choice of eight concentrations and a B.S. in Business & Political Economy, which features coursework in business, politics and economics along with integrated global study. Other options within the B.S. business degree program include a second major or minor in a field outside business – anything from Chinese to history to psychology to the fine arts.
The academic experience at Stern goes beyond coursework – learning opportunities are unparalleled and unlimited. Hear the treasury secretary and the head of one of the country’s biggest investment banks debate the state of the economy on campus. Intern at firms in virtually every sector of business, all just a subway stop away. Travel to Peru for community service, to India for a Leadership Exchange, or to dozens of other international destinations—whichever perfectly suits your needs, goals, and interests.
Academic Quick Facts
- Faculty: 200+ (full-time)
- Departments: 11
- Research Centers: 7
- Programs of Study: 2 (Core Business Program or Business & Political Economy Program)
- Concentrations in Core Business Program: 8 (Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Management and Organizations, Marketing, Statistics)
- Co-Concentrations in Core Business Program: 1 (Global Business)
- Minors: 50+ (including foreign languages, history, mathematics, political science, psychology, sociology)
- Joint-School Minors: Advanced Math Methods; Business of Entertainment, Media & Technology; Public Policy & Management
- Special programs: Entertainment, Media & Technology specialization; Entrepreneurship specialization; BS/MS in Accounting