IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
IOMS is recruiting!More information for the IS position here and the Stat position here.
Recent NewsIOMS Receives Recognition and Awards at the 2015 INFORMS Annual Meeting:
- OM Professor Srikanth Jagabathula won the 2015 INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Prize. for his co-authored paper "A Nonparametric Approach to Modeling Choice with Limited Data".
- IS Professor Anindya Ghose received this year's INFORMS ISS Distinguished Fellow Award.
- IS PhD alum Jason Chan (UMN) won the 2015 INFORMS ISS Nunamaker-Chen Dissertation Award for his thesis titled "Social and Health Impact of Internet Platforms".
- IS Professor Anindya Ghose and IS PhD student Vilma Todri's co-authored paper was nominated for the Best Paper Award at the 2015 INFORMS Conference on IST.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Spring 2016 Course Highlight
In this hands-on course, you will learn how to model complex business problems and how to solve them using modern analytics tools.
Visit http://sterndma.com/ for more information on the course and its topics.
IOMS Faculty Highlight
In the second edition of Essentials of Online Course Design, IS Professor Kristen Sosulski and co-author Marjorie Vai offer a step-by-step approach to online course development