IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
IOMS is recruiting!More information for the IS position here and the Stat position here.
- IS Professor Natalia Levina and Visiting Research Professor Manuel Arriaga (PhD '11) were awarded the 2015 OCIS Best Published Paper Award.
- IS Professor Panos Ipeirotis has been awarded the 2015 Lagrange-CRT Foundation Prize in recognition of his overall research work.
- Statistics and Executive MBA Professor Rohit Deo is highlighted by a top Executive MBA student as a favorite professor on Poets and Quants.
- IS Professor Hila Lifshitz-Assaf received the 2015 Grigor McClelland Best Dissertation Award, for exemplifying innovative scholarship within a PhD thesis.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
New Tech City: How Startups are Transforming the Future of NYJoin us for a discussion on what's driving the wave of innovation, new ventures and job creation that is dramatically altering NY's business landscape. Featuring Jeff Teper (BS Information Systems, '86) and other panelists. More details and RSVP at bit.ly/NewTechCity.
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Spring 2016 Course Highlight
In this hands-on course, you will learn how to model complex business problems and how to solve them using modern analytics tools.
Visit http://sterndma.com/ for more information on the course and its topics.