IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research focuses in areas such as big data, crowdsourcing and innovation, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, the sharing economy, revenue management and pricing, long memory time series and categorical data analysis.
IOMS is Recruiting for a Clinical Faculty Member!View the details and apply here.
Recent NewsProfessor Xi Chen was recognized as one of Forbes 30 under 30 in Science. Congrats!
IOMS Faculty were honored at the 2016 INFORMS Annual Meeting:
- Foster Provost awarded 2015 Best ISR Paper for "Finding Mobile Consumers with a Privacy-Friendly Geo-Similarity Network."
- Joshua Reed received the Erlang Prize for outstanding contributions to applied probability from the Applied Probability Society.
- Prasanna Tambe received the ISS Sandra Slaughter Early Career Award.
See more news here.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
New FinTech Specialization!Beginning Fall 2016, the IOMS and Finance departments are pleased to offer a new MBA FinTech specialization!
Courses scheduled in Spring 2017 to count towards FinTech include:
- Dealing with Data
- Risk Management for FinTech (INTA-GB.2312)
- Robo Advisors and Systematic Trading (INFO-GB 2350)
We've launched the Tech@Stern Blog!The Stern community shares insights on the latest tech/business topics.
Disruption: Technology Change and Opportunities for Organizations and Individuals
Slides presented at NYU Stern by Jeff Teper, Corporate VP of Microsoft, Oct 2015