IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research focuses in areas such as big data, crowdsourcing and innovation, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, the sharing economy, revenue management and pricing, long memory time series and categorical data analysis.
- IOMS PhD students Panos Adamopoulos, Vilma Todri, Wen Cao and Xuan Wang successfully defended their dissertations!
- IS Professor Arun Sundararajan's new book on The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism is now available!
- Stat Professor Jeff Simonoff's research on "Survival of Broadway shows: An empirical investigation of recent trends" is featured in
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
New FinTech Specialization!Beginning Fall 2016, the IOMS and Finance departments are pleased to offer a new MBA FinTech specialization!
Courses scheduled in Fall to count towards FinTech include:
- Dealing with Data
- Financial Information Systems (INFO-GB.3350.10)
- FinTech Analytics and Models of Credit (INTA-GB.2320.10)
We've launched the Tech@Stern Blog!The Stern community shares insights on the latest tech/business topics.
Disruption: Technology Change and Opportunities for Organizations and Individuals
Slides presented at NYU Stern by Jeff Teper, Corporate VP of Microsoft, Oct 2015