IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
- IS Professor Natalia Levina and Visiting Research Professor Manuel Arriaga (PhD '11) were awarded the 2015 OCIS Best Published Paper Award.
- IS Professor Panos Ipeirotis has been awarded the 2015 Lagrange-CRT Foundation Prize in recognition of his overall research work.
- Statistics and Executive MBA Professor Rohit Deo is highlighted by a top Executive MBA student as a favorite professor on Poets and Quants.
- IS Professor Hila Lifshitz-Assaf received the 2015 Grigor McClelland Best Dissertation Award, for exemplifying innovative scholarship within a PhD thesis.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
Vasant Dhar, IS Group Head
Michael Pinedo, OM Group Head
Peter Lakner, Statistics Group Head
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Fall 2015 Course Highlight
*New Saturday Section Added*
Professor Hardeep Johar
The class will focus on giving students a working knowledge of programming languages and software design methodologies. Students will learn how large and small scale computer applications work, and how to build working prototypes to illustrate and market their own ideas.