IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
IOMS is Recruiting!
Recent NewsCongratulations to IOMS faculty recognized by INFORMS, the largest society for operations research, analytics, and management science:
- IS Professors Anindya Ghose and Panos Ipeirotis won the best paper award in Management Science and Information Systems Research (ISR).
- OM Professor Ilan Lobel's paper won the prize for the best contribution to the science of pricing and revenue management published between 2009-2013.
- IS professor Prasanna Tambe received the runner-up award for best paper in Management Science and Information Systems Research (ISR).
- IS Professor Anindya Ghose received the 2013 Best Paper award in Information Systems Research (ISR).
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
Vasant Dhar, IS Group Head
René Caldentey, OM Group Head
Peter Lakner, Statistics Group Head
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Spring 2015 Course Highlight
Professor Hardeep Johar
The class will focus on giving students a working knowledge of programming languages and software design methodologies. Students will learn how large and small scale computer applications work, and how to build working prototypes to illustrate and market their own ideas.