IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
- IS Professor Hila Lifshitz-Assaf wins the NSF Grant “INSPIRE: Expanding Open Innovation Methods to Complex Engineered Systems” to support research on open innovation.
- Statistics Professor Xi Chen and IS Professor Arun Sundararajan win Google Faculty Research Awards to support their ongoing research.
- Anindya Ghose and IOMS PhD alumna Beibei Li won an Adobe Faculty Research Award, which promotes the use of data science techniques in digital marketing.
- OM Professor Srikanth Jagabathula receives $500,000 in funding from the National Science Foundation CAREER Award to further his research in developing data-driven modeling and learning techniques.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
Vasant Dhar, IS Group Head
Michael Pinedo, OM Group Head
Peter Lakner, Statistics Group Head
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Fall 2015 Course Highlight
*New Saturday Section Added*
Professor Hardeep Johar
The class will focus on giving students a working knowledge of programming languages and software design methodologies. Students will learn how large and small scale computer applications work, and how to build working prototypes to illustrate and market their own ideas.